Invest in yourself – Self Love
Invest in yourself – Self Love by Divya Dhakoliya
For me self-love is understanding yourself, taking out time for yourself, thinking about yourself. It is very important for all of us to take out 10 mins from our daily routine so that we can give time to ourselves. In this article I will tell you why self-love is important, how you can devote time to yourself and how you can give unconditional love to yourself.
You wake up and the first thing that strikes your mind is how you are going to present your meeting today? what are you going to plan meal for your family, what things you are supposed to buy when you will come home from office? how many assignments are left for you? There are many other things which strike our mind in the morning and which makes us worried and stressful. We step outside of our homes thinking about what others want, what will my boss say about my presentation today? or how will my teacher react after reading my essay?
We always make ourselves presentable according to other person’s mood. We always push ourselves to match the vibe of different people. We always ask and force ourselves to be better to be perfect at everything so that we can match the standards of others. We often complain and ask ourselves why we are not doing good enough? Why we are lagging behind? For being productive we constantly load ourselves with lots of work and responsibility.
To shine brighter we drain our mind and body. In the midst of everything we always forget to appreciate ourselves. We always fail to recall how unique we are and how grateful we are today. In the midst of our busy lives, we always take ourselves for granted. We ignore our little achievements, our pleasures, our hobbies, our happiness.
We forget to love ourselves, invest in yourself, yes you read this right we usually forget to love ourselves. We forget how amazing we are, we always try our best to give 100% love to others but we keep forgetting to give love to ourselves. We should give love to ourselves first only then we can give love and support to others. But you must be asking how to give attention and how to nurture ourselves? how you can stop judging and start appreciate yourself? Be patient. I have answers to your questions.
Talking about how you can nurture and love yourself the answer is investing in yourself. In normal language investment means process of investing money for profit but here you are not investing in money you are investing in yourself which can yield great profits for you. I’m presenting you few steps of investment in the process of self-love -:
- Take time out and plan a schedule for yourself don’t include your job, family and friends in this. Start with a hobby, try to find out what do you like to do most. Try to find those things which makes you happy and gives you the feeling of achievement.
- Write journal. From my personal experience I guarantee you that journaling will helps you a lot. Journaling means taking out time and writing down your accomplishments and progress. Write down your smallest achievement and make a list of things for which you are grateful. Writing down all this will make you glad and will make you believe in yourself.
- Start loving your body. If you are fat, short, lean ,too tall, dark, or if you have an acnes, marks, too much hair on your body JUST START ENCOURAGING YOURSELF. Don’t let yourself down because of societal norms. If you love your body it will ultimately give you confidence which can also enhance your body language.
- Stop criticising yourself. No one on this earth is perfect. You are not supposed to make everyone happy. you are not supposed to do everything in a seamless manner. Its okay to make mistakes you need to accept your mistake instead of criticising yourself. And Start invest in yourself.
- Surround yourself with positive people. Positive energy is essential in life when you surround yourself with positive people it can automatically boost up your mood because people with positive mindset gives more compliments and they appreciate your efforts they won’t speak bad things about you which can make your mood much better. When you know you are being valued you start getting a good feeling about yourself.
- Read books and articles which talks about self-love. instead of using social media where you get all depressed by looking at pictures of other people start reading books which talks about the ways of self-love that can give you an idea on how you can work on yourself. Listen to podcasts which presents ways of increasing self-love.
- DON’T COMPROMISE YOUR HAPPINES. Yes, last step is don’t compromise your happiness for anyone. Do things which makes you happy.
These are the ways through which you can Invest in yourself and you can also cultivate your mindset in a positive direction.
Self-love is very vital if you never learn how to love yourself you can miss out on many things. It is the time when you should realise that yes you matter your presence matters. You should start listening to yourself. If you are that stage of your life where you feel that you are not giving good results to others stop for a minute and look for yourself.
Think about yourself ask yourself am I giving much attention to myself? If you are not then start doing it. Investing in yourself is a step towards your bright future. If you learn to love and respect yourself you can easily motivate and inspire others.
“Invest in yourself, it pays the best interest”.
Written by:- Divya Dhakoliya
Hey everyone, this is Divya Dhakoliya. I hope you like it. I thank That Amusing Girl for giving me this opportunity. Do leave comments if you like it and I will reply soon.
Also read:- 10 types of travellers